Verdant Attorney Irene Hantman will speak on Wednesday, February 22 at a panel discussion among experts on implementing the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act, which amends the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). The program includes a panel of legal experts, current and former EPA officials, and representatives from environmental NGOs and trade groups. The panel will discuss topics including:
- The potential effects of the change in Administration
- Congress’ oversight role
- Regulatory actions already taken by EPA
- Regulatory actions required during 2017
The program includes an informal brown bag lunch for in-person participants in Washington, D.C., as well as dial-in participation. If attending in person, please RSVP to Gina Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org; teleconference information is forthcoming. This event is sponsored by the Pesticide, Chemical Regulation, and Right-to-Know Committee of the ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (SEER), with co-sponsorship by the Environmental Law Institute and SEER’s Special Committee on Congressional Relations, and hosted by Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP.
Please see the announcement [PDF] for more details.
Location: Arnold & Porter LLP, 601 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001
Arrival Time: 11:45 am; plan to arrive in advance to check in and pass through security; the dialogue will begin promptly at noon and will conclude at 2:00 pm.
Moderator: Larry Culleen, Partner, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
- Jim Jones, Former Assistant Administrator, US EPA [invited]
- Wendy Cleland-Hamnet, Office Director, Office of Pollution Prevention & Toxics, US EPA
- Mike Walls, VP Regulatory & Technical Affairs, American Chemistry Council [invited]
- Richard Denison, Lead Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund
- Ernie Rosenberg, President & CEO, American Cleaning Institute
- Lynn Bergenson, Managing Partner, Bergeson & Campbell
- Martha Marrapese, Partner, Keller & Heckman
- Irene Hantman; Verdant Law